The UC Davis Police Accountability Board (PAB) was established in 2014 to develop and promote accountability, trust and communication between the campus community and the UC Davis Police Department. The PAB is an independent board composed of representatives of the UC Davis community. Working with independent campus investigators from the Office of Compliance and Policy, the PAB is charged with making recommended findings to the Chief of Police based on objective investigations into complaints of misconduct filed against UC Davis police officers.
Who can file a complaint?
Any person directly affected by UC Davis police misconduct may file a complaint. You do not need to be a UC Davis student, staff or faculty member, or a U.S. citizen, to file a complaint.
Examples of complaints
- Improper arrest, search, seizure or stop
- Improper or inadequate investigation
- Improper detention procedure
- Improper police procedures
- Excessive force
Why should I file a complaint with the PAB?
The PAB is staffed by University employees who are independent from the Police Department. Complaints from the community are important to us. Without such input from community members, the University may not be aware of police misconduct and cannot take steps to address it. All complaints will receive a fair and objective review. Complaints are received, reviewed and investigated by the Office of Compliance and Policy. This Office reports to the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor. Invesitgation reports are then forwarded to the Police Accountability Board for independent review, and their recommendations are sent to the UC Davis Chief of Police.
- Using the online complaint form
- Via telephone at (530) 752-6550
- In person by calling (530) 752-6550 to schedule an appointment
- Printing the complaint form and sending it via fax at (530) 752-0853, or via mail to the Office of Compliance and Policy, attn: Wendi Delmendo, UC Davis, Mrak Hall 428, Davis, CA 95616
PAB Fall 2016 Quarterly Meeting
Meeting minutes from the PAB's Fall 2016 Public Quarterly Meeting can be found here.
The next PAB Quarterly Public Meeting will take place in Winter 2017.
UC Davis Police
Tel: (530) 752-6550
Fax: (530) 752-0853