The UC Davis Police Accountability Board (PAB) was established as a pilot project in 2014 to develop and promote accountability, trust, and communication between the campus community and the UC Davis Police Department. The PAB is an independent board composed of representatives of the UC Davis community. Working with independent campus investigators from the Office of Compliance and Policy, the PAB is charged with making recommended findings to the Chief of Police based on objective investigations into complaints of misconduct filed against UC Davis police officers.
Who can file a complaint?
Any person directly affected by UC Davis police misconduct may file a complaint. You do not need to be a UC Davis student, staff, or faculty member or a U.S. citizen to file a complaint.
Examples of complaints
- Improper arrest, search, seizure, or stop
- Improper or inadequate investigation
- Improper detention procedure
- Improper police procedures
- Excessive force
Why should I file a complaint with the PAB?
The PAB is staffed by University employees who are independent from the police department. Complaints from the community are important to us. Without such input from community members, the University may not be aware of police misconduct and cannot take steps to address it. All complaints will receive a fair and objective review.Complaints are received, reviewed, and investigated by staff in the Office of Compliance and Policy. This Office reports to the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor.
- Using the online complaint form
- Via telephone at (530) 752-6550
- In person by calling (530) 752-6550 to schedule an appointment
- Printing the complaint form and sending it via fax at (530) 752-0853, or via mail to the Office of Compliance and Policy, attn: Wendi Delmendo, UC Davis, Mrak Hall 428, Davis, CA 95616
PAB Fall 2016 Quarterly Meeting
Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 12:00-1:00 pm
- UC Davis: Memorial Union, Garrison Room
- Health System: Education Building, Room 3225 A/B
The PAB holds public meetings once each quarter of the regular academic year. In Fall 2016 the PAB will hold two simultaneous meetings on the UC Davis and Health System campuses. Please join the PAB to learn more about its work, how to file a complaint, and to raise any issues or concerns you may have.
UC Davis Police
Tel: (530) 752-6550
Fax: (530) 752-0853